Children must attend school every day and it is your responsibility to make sure they do. Children only get one chance at school, and your child’s chances of a successful future may be affected by not attending school regularly.
• If your child is 5 minutes late you will deprive him/her of 25 minutes of education per week.
• If your child is 10 minutes late you will deprive him/her of 50 minutes of education per week.
• If your child is 15 minutes late you will deprive him/her of 1 full Literacy or Numeracy lesson per week.
• If your child is 25 minutes late you will deprive him/her of 1 full Literacy AND 1 full Numeracy lesson per week.
Children who attend school regularly:-
• Keep up with their school work.
• Make friends and enjoy the social side of school life.
• Have a better chance of getting a good job in the future.
To report that your child will be absent then you can fill in the form or you can telephone the school on 01388 762889.
We insist that parents notify us promptly, with reasons, if a child is absent from school. In line with County guidance, the school will contact the parents on the first day of absence if no explanation is received. Absence without an explanation may involve a visit from the Educational Welfare Officer.